Founded in 1992, the Young Eagles program has dedicated nearly 25 years to giving youth ages 8–17 their first free ride in an airplane. It’s the only program of its kind, with the sole mission to introduce and inspire kids in the world of aviation.
Nationally, the Young Eagles program has flown nearly 2 million kids with the help of EAA’s network of volunteer pilots and ground volunteers, including the members of Chapter 846.
Each year we fly young people age 8-17 at Wadsworth Airport. Each child will attend a short ground school, followed by a free airplane ride with a qualified pilot. A parent or guardian must be present. Join us on Sat., June 9, at the Wadsworth Municipal Airport, and let your child fly like an eagle!
On Young Eagles Day, Saturday, June 10
- Check here for any weather related delays, (the forecast looks great!)
- Come down to Wadsworth Municipal Airport, located here.
- The child must be between the ages of 8-17, and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- That's it! All registration is done on site.
- All Young Eagles will receive:
- A short ground school
- Aircraft walk-around
- Their flight
- A certificate and logbook, signed by their pilot
- Complimentary student membership to EAA until they reach 19
- Their name will be entered into the world's largest logbook